Prince Lazar's Kosovo Curse

by - 11:48:00 AM



Ko je Srbin i srpskoga roda,
                                            i od srpske krvi i kolena,a ne doš'o na boj na Kosovo,
ne imao od srca poroda,ni muškoga ni devojačkoga!
Od ruke mu ništa ne rodilo,rujno vino ni pšenica bela!
Rđom kapo dok mu je kolena


                            Whoever is a Serb and of Serb birth,And of Serb blood and heritage,
And comes not to the Battle of Kosovo,
May he never have the progeny his heart desires,
Neither son nor daughter!May nothing grow that his hand sows,
Neither red wine nor white wheat!
And let him be cursed from all ages to all ages!

I've always believed that there's nothing stronger that your love for family and country. I amuse that's the reason I find Kosovo's curse so passionate and impressive. I'm not a Serb, as the picture shows (Romanian girl at an unknown world war II tomb) but I can fully understand the importance of Kosovo in Serbian history. 

You May Also Like

0 comments