Guo Pei’s Legend of the Dragon

by - 10:29:00 PM



If I had said previously that Women’s Fashion Week this year is a cosy affair without the trappings of pomp and fanfare of the previous years, I take it all back.




Following closely behind the Prêt-à-Porter presentations of the previous weekend, with only a single day of rest in between, Couture Fashion Week 2012 is in an extraordinary league of its own. The grand opener was Guo Pei, presenting her latest collection, “The Legend of the Dragon”.






From a gown that was unfurled to reveal the most exquisite handiwork of intricate embroidery and beading, each piece that followed was more fantastical, grand, and breathtaking than the last. It had been a long time since I was gripped the way I was, stuck fast to my seat, with chills running up my spine. I was completely held in Guo Pei’s enthrall.














You May Also Like

0 comments